We are looking for someone who is keen to embrace the opportunity to develop their HR experience as part of an excellent and award winning company.
You are an exceptional HR professional who will hit the ground running and bring with you at least 2 years experience of delivering high quality HR services including advising managers and implementing change, probably in a professional services environment.
You will be comfortable delivering HR support for specific practice areas within and across our businesses and locations and have the necessary flexibility to respond to a variety of demands in a dynamic business environment. In particular, you will have experience of providing expert advice and support at all stages of employee lifecycle including recruitment, employee relations processes, benefits management and training and development.
You should have the necessary vision to support the development of innovative HR services in a growing organisation, being able to drive and deliver projects with minimal supervision.
As part of a small team reporting to the HR Manager, you will ensure diligent record keeping and ensure that the underpinning administration achieves our high quality standards. Previous experience of working in a pensions/financial services or in an ISO 27001 accredited environment may be beneficial.
You will be able to evidence previous experience of working successfully in an HR team to achieve clear but also challenging goals. You will be aware of the importance of maintaining confidentiality and integrity at all times in respect of the sensitive nature not only of the internal people management, but of our business.
You will have the ability to communicate and positively influence and negotiate at all levels, both internally and externally. This will include the confidence and skills to personally deliver local training and updates on people and culture related matters to highly qualified specialists.
Spence & Partners (Spence) was established in 2000 and is a privately owned UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators. We are part of an integrated group of companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee, with offices in, Belfast, Glasgow, and London, Bristol and Manchester and clients throughout the UK and Ireland, and Veratta Limited, a data management, information security, software development and IT support business also in the pensions and financial services industry.
Our culture is embedded in everything we do. Our open door policy enables employees to communicate regularly with each other at all levels. We believe everyone can contribute ideas, and as a business we actively promote this, both to assist our employees in understanding the added value they can contribute, and to positively contribute to our excellent quality delivery to clients. We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
About the role
The HR team provides proactive support to the Business’s practices and group companies and ensures a high quality HR service is delivered to the business to mirror the professional and excellent delivery of our client facing colleagues.
Key Responsibilities, reporting to the HR Manager:
- Management of the talent acquisition processes including associated administrative procedures, to attract high quality prospective candidates and to support our professional experts in assessment including participation in interviews when required. To act as key contact to executive search agencies and support in the management of the relationship to secure successful appointments in hard to fill roles.
- Provide expert advice on employee relations processes including absence, grievances, discipline, and performance management. To participate in related meetings as required and ensure appropriate records are retained.
- Manage the annual performance management appraisal process to ensure that all stakeholders know what is required of them within defined timeframes, and support the HR Manager to ensure all line managers are equipped with the skills required to successfully manage performance.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an effective internal communications strategy that engages employees and promotes the objectives of the business.
- Support the HR Manager on projects associated with a growing business – likely to include ongoing reviews and enhancement of protocols and procedures, monitoring and ensuring that our generous benefits package is fit for purpose and rolling out change programmes which support strategic direction and growth.
- Contribute to the delivery of training and development activities including induction, business awareness updates and people management related activities.
- Develop, review, and update our employment policies in line with legal and business
Essential Professional Experience & Knowledge
- Two years relevant HR experience in a professional HR role
- Evidenced success in delivery of recruitment to include participation in interviews
- Track record of successfully contributing to, and in some cases leading on, the roll-out of new or revised HR policies, procedures, and initiatives
- Ability to keep up to date with developments in HR and Financial services industry and develop ideas to improve the employer brand proposition
- Evidence of managing discipline and grievance processes, including participation in investigations and expert advice to line management on same
- Experience of preparing and delivering face to face training and/or briefings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills which have been tested internally and externally
- The ability to identify and advise managers on risk in low level day to day people management activities in line with policies and processes
- Experience of managing own time and activities, prioritising competing demands with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of influencing line managers and employees in line with business polices and processes
- Excellent knowledge of computerised systems e.g. Microsoft Office/Windows applications, shared folder systems and protocols etc
Desirable Professional Experience & Knowledge
- Experience in the professional services industry is desirable, though not essential
- Experience and understanding of the challenges of multi discipline and multi site working environments
- Existing relationships and a network in the pensions, financial services or associated industries
- Experience of analysing HR-related data to provide management insights and analysis
- Project Management experience
Essential Educational Qualifications
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline
- CIPD Level 5 qualification and associate membership CIPD
Desirable Educational Qualifications
- Working towards or obtained CIPD level 7 qualification and full Member CIPD
Behavioural competencies for the role
Problem Solving, Credibility, Communication, Client engagement, Leadership, Continuous Learning, Adaptability/Drive.
Further information is provided outlining the indicators for each behavioural competency
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week with additional hours as and when required
Salary will be in the region of £25,000 -£30,000 and commensurate with experience.
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Please note that it is planned to hold interviews for this post on Wednesday 30 May.