Business Support Assistant
The successful candidate will be an experienced corporate services assistant who can work diligently and independently. They will be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities for a small team of consultants. They will have strong organisational skills and attention to detail with excellent levels of delivering quality customer service to our colleagues and clients. The successful candidate will be a competent user of Microsoft packages and general office equipment.
Due to the nature of our business and this role, it is imperative that professional integrity and strict confidentiality is maintained at all times.
You will be expected to present yourself at all times in a professional business like manner, ensuring expectations are managed and the company delivers to the highest standard, being; professional and timely.
The successful individual will be confident to work independently with support from a multisite Business Support Team across the UK.
What to expect when working with us
Spence & Partners (Spence) was established in 2000 and is a privately owned UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators.
We are part of an integrated group of award winning companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee, with offices in, Belfast, Glasgow, and London, and clients throughout the UK and Ireland, and Veratta Limited, (Veratta) a data management, information security, software development and IT support business also in the pensions and financial services industry.
We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
In the current climate pensions offers a dynamic and challenging environment. It is important that our pension’s professionals have excellent Business Support in order to carry out their role more efficiently and deliver excellent service to our clients.
About the role
This is a new role due to our successful and continued increasing client base. Reporting through to the Business Support Manager in Belfast, this role is to support a small team of consultants.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Support the management and day to day running of the office environment providing support to the Business Support Manager.
- Provide secretarial/PA support to key individuals by carrying out diary management, travel bookings and email filing where appropriate.
- Assist with the preparation and formatting of reports, client documents ensuring all templates are in line with company branding and policies.
- Answer and transfer company wide telephone calls in a prompt and professional manner.
- Process any post each day by scanning, uploading and releasing to the relevant sites.
- Act as a point of contact and carry out reception duties. Assist in the planning and facilitation of meetings, e.g. booking rooms, ordering lunch and setting up with tea/coffee as required.
- Run errands as and when required for a dedicated team of consultants; e.g post, banks, supplies.
- Responsible for the management and assistance in any delegated ISO27001 tasks. Physical and environmental security.
- Support office stock control, ordering relevant stationery, paper and any other items to ensure availability when required by all colleagues.
- Providing cover and support to other members of the team in busy periods or during staff holidays.
- Proactively provide a first class customer service to all colleagues and clients.
Essential Experience & Knowledge
- Experience in a similar role within the Professional Services industry.
- Experience of managing multiple and conflicting tasks.
- Excellent IT Skills and fully competent in Microsoft Packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Competent user of general office machinery and equipment.
- Experience of diary management, travel bookings.
- Proven experience in all aspects of office administration.
- Experience of working pro actively and using own initiative to complete tasks.
Desirable Experience & Knowledge
- Familiar with ISO 27001 compliance.
- Assisting or managing technical or IT related projects.
Desirable Educational Qualifications
- Educated to minimum A level standard.
- At least 5 GCSE’s to include Maths and English
- Working towards a relevant administration or business related qualification.
- ECDL or equivalent.
Behavioural competencies for the role
Inspiring Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Client Engagement, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach.
Manchester – Part time
8.5 hrs, Wednesday (flexibility required). The role will require additional hours from time to time.
All roles are subject to a 6 month probationary period and all prospective employees are required to complete an Access NI check.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Spence & Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.