Business Development Executive
As part of our marketing team, this is a key role in professional services business development. You will be engaged in a career as a Business Development / CRM specialist effective in researching and preparing customer database and campaign information on prospective clients , updating and cleansing CRM information and using CRM, email marketing and to manage and run marketing campaigns.
You will support our telemarketing campaigns, working to challenging monthly targets, with the objective to help nurture high quality long term relationships that will lead to new business.
You will be excellent at researching prospective companies and will act as the key point of contact in our marketing team for managing the smooth running of our business development campaigns.. You will be self motivated, and someone who is not discouraged by rejection but thrives on success.
You will be a role model for the successful recording of information on our CRM systems, with the ability to provide accurate and timely reporting up to Board level.
What will set you apart is your enthusiasm and ability to communicate, and to interact with everyone, including prospective clients, Financial/HR Managers at all levels, marketing the excellent services for which our Company is known, and to further develop our portfolio of appointments and opportunities.
What to expect when working with us
Spence & Partners (Spence) was established in 2000 and is a privately owned UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators.
We are part of an integrated group of companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee, with offices in, Belfast, Birmingham, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Bristol and London, with clients throughout the UK and Ireland, and Veratta Limited, a data management, information security, software development and IT support business also in the pensions and financial services industry.
We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
The business is based on a culture which aims to provide all of our clients with a high-quality professional service through strong personal relationships.
About the role
We actively market the various different propositions across our group of businesses using in-house telemarketing campaigns. This role, reporting to the marketing Function Head will involve working within a clearly defined KPI and target structure. You will be responsible for researching and cleansing data to allow our business development manager to make targeted and effective calls to business to business contacts. You will record all information in our CRM database and use the database to manage the telemarketing campaigns. You will be involved in the planning and organisation of all campaigns, reporting on their effectiveness to Board level. You will also provide research to internal contacts to allow the efficient and knowledgeable development of leads and opportunities for our businesses. You will be expected to work to well practised and defined data cleansing and campaign management processes and will have the ability to learn and utilise bespoke systems and procedures.
Essential Professional Experience & Knowledge
- Two years + experience in a similar role within a professional services environment.
- Experience and fully conversant with CRM systems, producing data segmentation, analysis reports and utilising the information for further progress.
- Experience of developing BD campaign messaging and processes in business to business environment.
- Experience of delivering a targeted number of cleansed database records each week and recording that detail for tracking purposes.
- Strong user of Microsoft Office essential and experience of using CRM systems (Interaction). You will be computer literate and have the ability to accurately update the CRM database to ensure all interactions, calls and emails are recorded comprehensively to create a client profile.
- Knowledge of the industry in which we operate.
- You will enjoy providing first class customer service to all clients and peers.
- You will be enthusiastic and willing to adapt to a varied role with ability to adhere to deadlines.
Desirable Professional Experience & Knowledge
- Evidence of successful experience in a similar role and organisation.
- You will have the ability to work comfortably to personal targets. You will good at planning and organising with the ability to use own initiative to continually identify new business opportunities.
Essential Educational Qualifications
- Degree Qualified in a relevant discipline
Behavioural competencies for the role
Inspiring Leadership, strategic thinking, impacting and influencing, client engagement, collaborative working, problems solving, planned approach, professional approach.
Working hours, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
Location: Glasgow / Belfast
Salary circa £28k. Our Company is committed to work life balance and our flexi working policy and opportunity for remote working enables individuals to maintain that balance.
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
We are an equal opportunities employer.