Business Development Executive
As part of our marketing team, this is a key role in professional services business development. You will be engaged in a career as a Business Development / CRM specialist effective in preparing customer database and campaign information on prospective clients and identifying business development opportunities.
You will support our telemarketing campaigns, working to challenging monthly targets, with the objective to help nurture high quality long term relationships that will lead to new business.
You will be excellent at researching prospective companies and will act as first point of contact and be responsible for making initial and follow up calls as required. You will be self motivated, and someone who is not discouraged by rejection but thrives on success.
You will be a role model for the successful recording of information on our CRM systems, with the ability to provide accurate and timely reporting up to Board level.
What will set you apart is your enthusiasm and ability to communicate, and to interact with prospective clients, Financial/HR Managers at all levels, marketing the excellent services for which our Company is known, and to further develop our portfolio of appointments and opportunities.
What to expect when working with us
Spence & Partners (Spence) was established in 2000 and is a privately owned UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators.
We are part of an integrated group of companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee, with offices in, Belfast, Glasgow, Manchester, Bristol and London, with clients throughout the UK and Ireland, and Veratta Limited, a data management, information security, software development and IT support business also in the pensions and financial services industry.
We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
The business is based on a culture which aims to provide all of our clients with a high-quality professional service through strong personal relationships.
About the role
Having already achieved strong results in our Dalriada “A Better Way” campaign, we are now committed to support a similar campaign behind our new Spence proposition. The new Spence proposition will provide us with an opportunity to increase business growth.
This role, reporting to the marketing Function Head will involve working within a clearly defined KPI and target structure. You will be responsible for making a defined volume of calls and accurately recording and conveying all relevant details from the calls and having the astuteness to flag any relevant leads to the appropriate parties. You will be targeted to help set up a number of meetings each month, and will be expected to work to well practiced and defined calling process and the ability to learn and utilise bespoke systems and procedures.
Essential Professional Experience & Knowledge
- Two years + experience in a similar role within a professional services environment.
- Experience and fully conversant with CRM systems, producing data segmentation, analysis reports and utilising the information for further progress.
- Experience of developing BD campaign messaging and processes in business to business environment.
- Experience of delivering a targeted number of calls each week and recording that detail for tracking purposes.
- Strong user of Microsoft Office essential and experience of using CRM systems (Interaction). You will be computer literate and have the ability to accurately update the CRM database to ensure all interactions, calls and emails are recorded comprehensively to create a client profile.
- Knowledge of the industry in which we operate.
- You will be a competent communicator with previous experience of selling, calling, advising or servicing clients in a professional business to business (B2B) and business development environment.
- You will enjoy providing first class customer service to all clients and peers.
- You will be enthusiastic and willing to adapt to a varied role with ability to adhere to deadlines.
Desirable Professional Experience & Knowledge
- Evidence of successful experience in a similar role and organisation.
- You will have the ability to work comfortably to personal targets. You will good at planning and organising with the ability to use own initiative to continually identify new business opportunities.
Essential Educational Qualifications
- Degree Qualified in a relevant discipline
Behavioural competencies for the role
Inspiring Leadership, strategic thinking, impacting and influencing, client engagement, collaborative working, problems solving, planned approach, professional approach.
Working hours, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer. Our Company is committed to work life balance and our flexi working policy and opportunity for remote working enables individuals to maintain that balance.
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
We are an equal opportunities employer.