Bid Development Executive
We are looking for a creative Bid Development Executive who will be responsible for managing the bids process and producing professionally written proposal content that leads to successful expansion of our business. You will have an exceptional eye for detail, keen to embrace the opportunity of showcasing your experience as part of an excellent and award winning company.
You will have excellent writing and editing skills, with practical understanding of how to build the best proposals within the time constraints available.
You will be experienced to manage the proposal pipeline across our group of businesses.
You will thrive on working to demanding deadlines and competing priorities, whilst being a keen and effective relationship builder with key individuals in our business and relevant third parties.
What will set you apart is your ability to communicate and to interact with colleagues as well as prospective clients, marketing the excellent services for which our Company is known, and to further develop our extensive portfolio of appointments and opportunities.
We are part of an integrated group of companies that employ around 100 members of staff with office locations, Belfast, Glasgow, Manchester, Bristol and London.
Spence & Partners (Spence) was established in 2000 and is a privately owned UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators. Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) was established in 2003 and is a leading professional and independent trustee company. Veratta Limited, is a data management, information security, software development and IT support business also in the pensions and financial services industry. All of which maintain a client book across the UK & Ireland.
This role sits within our marketing team, which serves all of our businesses. This is a great opportunity for a marketer to work across all of our brands and with complimentary messaging targeting a variety of markets within the business to business pensions industry.
Our culture is embedded in everything we do. Our open door policy enables employees to communicate regularly with each other at all levels. We believe everyone can contribute ideas, and as a business we actively promote this, both to assist our employees in understanding the added value they can contribute, and to positively contribute to our excellent quality delivery to clients. We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
About the role
The Tender / Proposal Executive will be responsible for working with the wider marketing team and business to further develop our successful approach to winning new business.
Key Responsibilities, reporting to the Marketing Function Head:
- Manage the bid process through to quality submission.
- Engage, and influence the relevant key stakeholders, ensuring that resources are targeted appropriately across active bids.
- Review and develop proposal responses and templates to ensure quality output and success.
- Ensure that any bids or proposals are completed on time with to our best quality and standard.
- Build relations with relevant designers and printers in producing final proposals
- Maintain tracking system for bids and CRM systems updating key stakeholders and Board level.
- Monitoring of industry procurement tools for opportunities to tender, flagging at the earliest opportunity.
- Arranging and chairing bid process meetings, including kick off, midpoint and approval meetings
This is an exciting role in an organisation that embraces marketing and ensures it plays an active role in its development.
Essential Professional Experience & Knowledge
- At least two years experience writing bids, providing advice on approach and strategy in a professional services environment.
- A proven track record of writing content /content management.
- Excellent Project and time management skills.
- Experience of developing tender processes, templates and libraries of standard answers.
- Development of deliverable business solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills building internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Deadline management.
- Excellent PC skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Ability to multitask with numerous deadlines or tasks in progress.
- Contract negotiation is desirable
Essential Educational Qualifications
- Degree, 2.1 or above in a relevant discipline.
- Relevant courses related to developing tenders responses and content management.
Desirable Educational Qualifications
Achievement of relevant professional qualification with evidence of continued CPD with CIM to maintain professional excellence.
Experience of contract negotiation.
Behavioural competencies for the role
Problem Solving, Credibility, Communication, Client engagement, Leadership, Continuous Learning, Adaptability/Drive.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week with additional hours as and when required
Salary range £20,000-30,000 dependent on experience and qualification.
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Spence & Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Eligibility to Work in UK
In line with Home office requirements and the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act 2006, we require candidates to provide evidence of their eligibility to work within the UK.
Please enclose a copy of the relevant documents along with your application.
Please be prepared to provide the appropriate documentation in original form for checking should you be invited to attend further shortlisting.
Due to the changing nature of our business the role profile will inevitably change. We therefore recognise that from time to time, you will be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities, as