Personal Assistant/Office Administrator
Role Location: Belfast
As an award-winning, and recognised player in the UK Pensions industry we are currently looking to recruit a highly credible individual to join our Business Support team. The candidate will be prepared to work in a busy office environment and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
They will have significant experience of Microsoft packages and document production with strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
You will be expected to represent the company at all times in a professional manner, ensuring expectations are managed and the role delivers to the highest standard, being; professional and timely.
The key role of our Business Support Team is to provide a comprehensive, efficient, professional and flexible administrative and secretarial support service to the business to enable the effective delivery of their role and service to our clients
Spence & Partners (Spence) was established in 2000 and is a privately owned, award winning UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators. We have offices in Belfast, Glasgow, London, Manchester and Bristol and our clients are based throughout the UK and Ireland.
Spence is part of an integrated group of companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee and Veratta Limited, a data management, information security, software development and IT support business also in the pensions and financial services industry.
We offer a dynamic and challenging environment and ensure that all our employees have the opportunities to develop successful and fulfilling careers. We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of personal responsibility and ownership.
About the role – Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the management and day to day running of the office providing support to the Business Support Manager, Directors and other colleagues.
- Act as PA to a dedicated number of key staff, managing diaries, travel, email and telephone screening. Ability to anticipate needs, think critically and offer solutions to problems.
- On a daily basis act with integrity, confidentiality, discretion and judgment.
- Carry out to an excellent standard word-processing, drafting and formatting letters, reports and documents. Facilitate large volumes of document production when required, production of meeting packs and binding these as appropriate, ensuring company branding compliance.
- Assist with the preparation and formatting of tenders, reports, client documents ensuring all templates are in line with company branding guidelines.
- Attend meetings and record professional minutes, distributing them in a timely manner and to a high quality.
- Act as a point of contact for reception, receiving guests when they enter the office, ensuring all necessary administration is completed and guests needs are catered for.
- Answer telephone calls in a prompt and professional manner, ensuring calls are directed appropriately and messages taken and communicated where relevant.
- Running personal errands for Directors as required.
- Facilitate the effective circulation of post throughout the business, ensure all mail is distributed and scanned in accordance with business procedures and all outgoing post is managed efficiently, monitoring special and courier deliveries.
- Support the management of information and documents by ensuring that our office is kept tidy and organised at all times, taking control of stationery orders, courier deliveries, printed materials and our on site shredding facility.
Key Criteria – Essential
- Previous experience of working in a similar role in a busy and professional services environment.
- Good level of higher education
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Accurate typing and high degree of proficiency using relevant IT packages (Outlook, Advanced Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and intermediate Excel);
- Absolute integrity in respect to confidential information;
- Strong organisational skills are required to ensure the effective support of key employees particularly around diary management
- Competent written skills are required when drafting replies to enquiries, compiling reports, general correspondence and emails on behalf of key members.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required when liaising with senior management and clients.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure whilst maintaining a flexible approach;
- Professional appearance and manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to display initiative
- Experience of electronic diary management – Outlook essential
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a positive “can do” attitude
- Competent user of general office machinery and equipment.
- Professional qualification or demonstrable previous experience in minute taking at Board level.
- Working towards a relevant administration or business related qualification.
- Familiar with ISO 27001 compliance.
- Previous experience in tender production
- Familiar with document management applications (SharePoint) and CRM
Behavioural competencies for the role
Inspiring Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Client Engagement, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach
All individuals are expected to meet the above competencies and be able to evidence how they meet each of them in their role.
The Salary for this role will be £20-£22K per annum dependent on experience.
37.5 Hrs Monday – Friday working on a rota basis starting at either 8.30am or 9.30am and finishing at either 5pm or 6pm. With a busy office environment the role will require additional hours from time to time.
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and may be expected at times to travel.
There is a three month probationary period from commencement of employment.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Spence & Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the changing nature of our business the role profile will inevitably change. We therefore recognise that from time to time, you will be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities, as directed by the Board.