IT Technician – Placement Opportunity
We recruit the best, and are looking for the future influencers of our industry who are keen to learn from our team and develop and grow within a busy and successful organisation.
We are looking for candidates who are intelligent, ambitious and great at working with people. You should enjoy solving complex problems and be interested and fully conversant in the below systems and processes:
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 and/or 2012.
- Active Directory environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010, Windows 7, And Windows 7 in a domain environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Flexibility with regards to required working hours in order to meet the needs of the business.
You will be a conscientious individual with exceptional attention to detail. You will know how to interact in a professional environment, being well organised and proactive, calm under pressure and able to communicate effectively at all levels (written and verbal).
You have a “can do” attitude, with the ability to work as part of a team and autonomously depending on the project. You will have experience of multi tasking and delivering to a range of deadlines and competing priorities.
Spence & Partners (Spence) was established in 2000 and is a privately owned UK firm of actuaries, pension consultants, pension scheme IT specialists and administrators.
We are part of an integrated group of companies that includes Dalriada Trustees Limited (Dalriada) a leading independent trustee, with offices in, Belfast, Glasgow, and London, and clients throughout the UK and Ireland, and Veratta Limited, a data management, information security, software development and IT support business also in the pensions and financial services industry with clients across the UK and Ireland.
Placement students are integral to our organisational structure and you will be inducted into specific projects within our company, working with experienced and respected industry professionals. At Spence we believe that our Placement Programme will provide you the support throughout your studies and a full experience in your chosen speciality. You will be appointed a mentor within your discipline who will guide you through your chosen career path ensuring you gain the most from your placement with the Company.
We believe in empowerment, and expect our colleagues to thrive in an environment of ownership where they quickly excel and gain recognition.
About the role
Students wishing to return to continue working with us after Graduation.
This is a new role within Spence to assist our existing team with user support and ongoing projects, there will be a lot of variety and you will learn something new each day, therefore suitable for an ambitious individual. The role reporting through to the Head of IT will require a close working relationship with our current 3rd Party ICT supplier, Novosco and their Helpdesk facility to provide our employees with a high level of customer service at all times.
A range of the main responsibilities involved in this role are outlined below:
- Configure software & systems for new users & provide 1st line technical support.
- Configure printers and network.
- Assisting in creating and developing IT documentation, instructions, procedures and processes.
- Training users on company systems, software and network and inducting new staff members to ensure that they are fully briefed on joining the company.
- Systems/PC updates/upgrades and maintenance of company hardware.
- Understanding when to escalate important issues to either a relevant manager or outsourced service provider as appropriate.
This role will expose students to a variety of tasks and allow them to gain invaluable experience working within a complex and security conscious IT environment in a fast paced growing company.
- On track for 2:1 or above in a Computer Science Degree or related degree with a significant IT element.
- Proven technical and academic ability illustrated through grades and achievements.
- Evidence of proactive extra curricular learning and engagement in chosen career path.
- A Level Maths Grade B or above.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade A or above.
- Experience of applying IT solutions in a business environment with the ability to think logically; excellent listening and questioning skills combined with the ability to interact confidently with other departments within the business to identify what the problem is and apply the solution.
- Excellent knowledge of computerised systems e.g. Microsoft Office/Windows applications, in particular Excel; Access; and relational databases e.g. SQL; SharePoint.
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System (ISMS) and able to demonstrate regulatory compliance and effective business risk management.
Behavioural competencies for the role
Inspiring Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Client Engagement, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach.
Working hours, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
Placement Salary: £15,000.
There is a three month probationary period from commencement of employment.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Closing Date for the role: 5 January 2018, shortlisted candidates must be available for interview w/c 8 January 2018.
Spence & Partners is an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the changing nature of our business the role profile will inevitably change. We therefore recognise that from time to time, you will be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities, as directed by the Board.